How to recognise a Tormentor
Tormentors are bullying brutes who delight in picking on other people and making them feel bad about themselves. They lurk around feeling rubbish about themselves, they’re mean and nasty, and deep down they know it! To make themselves feel better they pick on other people. You can always tell a Tormentor because they’ll say horrible things to you or about you, spread nasty rumours, post horrible comments, or try and make you cry. They’re just mean.
How to deal with a Tormentor
There are lots of ways to deal with a Tormentor, depending on how they’re trying to upset you:
- If someone is picking on you at school you can tell a teacher, a parent, or a trusted grown up.
- If someone is bullying you on social media then do not engage with them. Don’t respond or retaliate as that gives them exactly what they want.
- If someone is being mean, block them and tell an adult you trust. You can also report them to the website or app. Ask an adult for help with this.
- Worried that someone has shared something hurtful about you? Ask an adult you trust to help you.
- Remember, stay strong – there is nothing wrong with you. It is only because they feel so bad about themselves that they feel the need to try and make you feel unhappy too. Happy people don’t try to make other people feel bad
It’s also important to be kind to others. Think before you share and avoid posting anything that could upset someone else. A good question to ask yourself is “how would I feel if someone said that about me or someone I cared about”